The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is a noncommercial membership organization of radio amateurs to promote Amateur Radio interest. The National Weather Service works with ARRL Section Amateur Radio Emergency Service volunteers at the local level to establish Skywarn® radio networks and/or other specialized weather emergency alert and relief systems. When severe weather and other disasters strike, these local Skywarn® radio organizations act as communicators and spotters. The working partnership between NWS and ARRL is formally documented through a Memorandum of Understanding. NWS Warning Coordination Meteorologists maintain this working partnership with the local ARRL Skywarn® volunteers.
- Receive fast and reliable weather alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five different locations nationwide.
- Learn how to prepare for emergencies and useful tips to keep you and your loved ones safe before, during and after disasters.
- Locate open shelters and disaster resource centers near you.
- Submit photos of damage in your area.
- Prepare your emergency kit, make a family plan, and set reminders.
Nationwide Convective Outlooks
Skywarn® and the Skywarn® logo are registered trademarks of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, used with permission.